Friday, October 31, 2008

Great News!

Today Ann and Al went to mediation to settle the custody dispute for Kristy's boys. They have full guardianship and Ann can return to Washington with the boys immediately. She will probably take a week or two to figure out what to move back with her, but she'll be home soon!

As part of the agreement, John Ragsdale and his wife will get two visits per year with the kids but will have no parental decision-making authority.

Our entire family thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this trying time. It's not all over yet, but now Ann can get home and hopefully speed up the healing process.

tp

10 comments:

Kelli said...

what wonderful news. And being home will help all of them so much. THANKS so much for the updates!

Becky said...

Absolutely fantastic news! Just what we were hoping to see!

Thanks Tony!

Mike Bohn said...

Thank heavens. I am glad to hear that there is some closure.

--Mike

Cameron/Melissa said...

Yea for the boys. Finally something goes right for them. I bet they will love living in Washington!

Anonymous said...

Prayers = answered.

Best wishes to all.

--jph

Simply, Sarah said...

I'm so happy something positive is happening for your family. May they find the peace and healing they so need.

familybrew7 said...

Never under-estimate the power of prayer. I am so happy that there is more closer to this and will continue to keep each of you in my prayers. Really, really happy for you Tony and your Mom and Dad, well the whole family really, oh Puyallup will love those boys! HUGS! :)

Amber said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family!!

Our Pratt Pack said...

We're so happy for your family, finally some good news!

Judie and George said...

This is truly a relief and we are so glad. I cannot imagine the stress this has been. My only experience with this type of thing is what I went through during the years the kids were growing up each time we went to court. Remembering how hard that was for me, I feel such happiness that this part of the struggle is finished.