Thursday, October 30, 2008

Maybe a little nuts...

About two weekends ago, I was out for a walk before work when I passed a yard sale. I kind of looked at it and saw these little ceramic Christmas houses that you paint yourself. There were several boxes of them and I thought I'd maybe buy 1 or 2 for my niece to paint. When I asked the lady how much, she said "$5.00." Five bucks each? Nope five for all of them. Now the bargain hunter in me kicked in and I said, why not? There ended up being 27 little houses, and only one was a duplicate. (Plus a little penguin statue to paint.)So I thought, well maybe I will paint them and have a little Christmas village. (We already have several houses, but they are a bit bigger than these.)

I've since come to the conclusion that I must have been nuts that day. What do I need 27 little houses for? I've painted only 2 and a half of them since and it would probably take me until Christmas to finish them. My mom thinks it will take me a few years. Tony is pretty sure it was a waste of five bucks. I bet I could get more than $5 dollars for the bunch. Each one usually costs $5 to $10 retail. The question now is do I keep them and dawdle through painting, or try to sell the lot on Craigslist?

1 comment:

Cameron/Melissa said...

You can paint them and give them as Christmas presents to everyone that you know.... or sell them on ebay... anything sells there.