Friday, September 12, 2008

Any one wanna cruise?

I sit here and talk about vacations all day long. So naturally, I want to go on one. A cruise or a regular vacation. There is always something more responsible to do with money, i.e student loans, but that doesn't seem to stop me from wanting it any way. I would love to cruise, but I'm not sure where to go. I would like to try the caribbean, but I am so much closer to Mexico. Also we have some skymiles that we could use to fly to a resort. What do you who have cruised before think about the two? Anyone have a family house on a beach somewhere? (J/K)
We have to go either after the 14th of November, or before January. I can't take time off from Jan.-April, and Tony can't before the 15th of November.
Probably we won't really go any where. It's still fun to talk about though.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

we went to alaska in May of 2007 for my sons graduation family vacation. Three cabins 8 people. if I had lots of money, cruises would be the only way to go. We came home and were so relaxed. ALTHOUGH from what I have heard from others, its probably because we went to alaska that we were so relaxed. Not so touristy, busy as mexico or the off the florida cost or europe ect. I have looked at other cruises and if you have a port each day, I can see how you would be so worn out, but it was only three ports on 7 days for us to alaska. And we live here so we didnt have airfare (which is why we chose alaska, when there were 8 people) I vote cruise. (I was in the palizzis ward when I joined the church. Tony was a teen. My last name WAS Young back then)

Cameron/Melissa said...

go on a cruise to mexico. You haven't been, they are fun, and you can spend the extra money on excusions. A lot of people say Mexico is better than carribean and you won't have to worry about hurricanes. Then when you have more money you can cruise the carribean. And by then maybe flights will not be so annoying. (They won't let you check your bags, they won't feed you, they try to charge for everything....

Emily A. said...

My brother (Scott Allan-Tony knows him) will being playing trombone on a cruise line going to Mexico starting Sept.22 and then the Caribean starting in November or December. If you go on a cruse, look for him in the jazz band!

familybrew7 said...

I say go to Belize. Everyone I know loves it there and has had a really nice time. It is not as touristy as other areas to vacation to. OR the Mayan Ruiens is facinating..even for people who don't have a testimony of the BOM Perhaps you can get a cruise AND do the Mayan Ruiens now that would be very cool, I think if I recall there is a port there and it would be a Mexico Cruise to boot, how nice that would be!

Jan said...

Someday I would like to go on a cruise. After the student loans stop piling up. As for vacations we are coming to visit my parents there in AZ before and after Christmas sometime. We will have to do dinner or get together sometime while we are there. We miss you guys a lot!
PS My fam lives in Chandler, AZ