Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Current happenings in Palizzi Land...

So I never post any more because really what do I do? Summer in Arizona is like winter for most people. The temperatures are too extreme to go out in with out the risk of dying. The difference is that in cold weather at least you can dress accordingly. In hot weather there is only so much you can take off. Plus with the new job, I really haven't been up to much. I basically stay at home most of the time, and on my day off, (other than Sunday, because lets face it, not much gets done on Sunday) I try to invent things to do.

Like some may have heard recently, I have made many a foray into the baby clothes aisle. Always a fun place to go shopping for me, and as my sister's current children will tell you, I do spoil them, so I figure this up and coming Brown baby shouldn't be neglected. By the way I got the best outfit today at Gap for the baby... but Melissa will have to wait.

Tony and I did do a little weekend get away trip over the holiday. We've been wanting to take a trip down to Mexico to see some of the furniture stores since we are so close, but haven't had time/money. Not that we have money now, but we thought we would just get an idea. We left after sacrament meeting on Sunday and drove to the border town of Nogales. You can just walk across the border from there, into Nogales Mexico.
It was a lot greener on the drive than I was expecting, and not nearly as hot as it has been at home. It's kind of in this valley with little mountains around the city and tons of houses crammed up the hills.
We just looked around on Sunday and then spent the night back in the US. Today we went back to a few stores where we had seen things we'd liked previously. I should mention that the furniture stores we had gone to see were no longer there, and we didn't see any others really. But I found a cool hand hammered copper pitcher, a glass blown pitcher, and Tony picked out a wavy tin mirror with Geckos on it. It was kind of funny because I was looking at this copper pitcher thinking the price was in pesos, but turns out it was dollars. I felt bad because I had spent quite a while deciding on it, and I was going to have to put it back because there was NO WAY I was going to pay what was listed, but I ended up getting it for a little less than half of the price, and Tony did say copper is expensive, so I was happy with my purchase. I liked getting to spend time with Tony. My days off are Sundays and Monday, and he's off Saturday and Sunday, so we don't always get to do fun stuff together.
I will say that visiting countries like Mexico, Venezuela or some of the other places I've been give me an appreciation for what we have. I don't get all sappy, but I notice. We've got it stinkin' good here in the US. We have air conditioning, clean water and voning laws. We have the Humane Society, which I thought of when I saw a dog that was quite literally starving to death walk down the street and no one seemed to blink. Anyway just happy to have what I do have.

Well it's pretty late. I should go to bed. I tend to never want to go to bed, because then I have to get up in the morning, which makes no sense, but that's the case. Anyway I'll try to post more. Maybe I'll invent stuff....

1 comment:

Amber said...

It sounds like you had so much fun! I am still trying to convince Scott that places outside of Utah aren't infested with Demons. Ok, not really. . . .it just seems like it. By the way, I got one of these blog things because of yours!