Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cherry Blossoms in DC








Today Tony and I got up early and took the metro into Washington DC to take pictures of the famous Cherry Blossoms that bloom around the capitol area. (Yep, I'm back home after a month of being away.) With morning temperatures in the 30's we were a little under dressed. Ok, so that might be an understatement. My fingers were so cold that when I took them out of my pockets, my fingers wouldn't uncurl right away, and my nose was as pink as the blush on my cheeks, but despite that it was still fun. The pictures are all taken by Tony with his digital camera, except the one of us together as that was taken by a kind passing stranger. (I had the film camera today.)

Later in the day we also went to a Travel and Adventure Expo where we got to try out scuba diving. They had a little pool, probably no deeper than 4 feet, with wetsuits and scuba gear. Tony really liked scuba diving so maybe you will see posts before too long with Tony diving in tropical waters. I'd just be happy right now with the tropical waters, maybe sitting on the beach next to the tropical waters.

5 comments:

Mike Bohn said...

Budding flowers already? Man we are way behind up here.

Cameron/Melissa said...

I'll scuba dive with Tony! I think I would love it. So I guess you'll have to take Cameron and me with you guys so Tony has a diving partner.

Annelisa said...

Hey we saw the cherry blossoms too - but the original ones here in Japan. Aren't they gorgeous? Brian is trying to devise a way to get one to plant when we have a yard. (he has a while to come up with a way)

Our Pratt Pack said...

Tropical waters?! You should be grateful for your beautiful surroundings. It still looks like crap here!!Thanks for the post and reminding me of what spring should look like!

Anonymous said...

I love Spring and I love flowers, thanks for sharing. Hopefully Spring will EVENTUALLY hit Utah.
Chris McAdams