Saturday, March 22, 2008

Babysitting in California








I went to California on the 6th of March to watch my sister's two girls


while she went on an eight day cruise with her husband and his family. Hmmm... who got the better bargain? Well, I did have fun with the girls. I fed them popsicles, candy, cookies, watched movies, never made them take naps, and at the end I handed them back to their parents. Being an Auntie is more fun, since we can break the rules and not deal with the behaviors after.
Before my sister left we went to Disneyland, which is always fun. I just went there last year though, so I was kind of... we'll say indifferent to what rides we went on. There was nothing I needed to do, so we were just able to kind of go at the girls pace and do what they wanted.
The weather was very nice while I was there, and I managed to get my quota of vitamin D. The last day before I left though, it did snow 4-6 inches but it was pretty so no big deal. Plus it didn't keep me from flying back, although I ended up spending the night in a hotel by the airport. My airline was overbooked and I took the $400 credit and the free night in a nice hotel. Hey now I have airline credit to use for a graduation vacation. Yes Tony is finally graduating in May! Yeah! There is light at the end of the school tunnel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls are cute. The older one reminds me of you!
Chris McAdams

carrie said...

It looks like so much FUN!! I'll bet the girls loved being spoiled by you!! They'll never forget times like those....

Cameron/Melissa said...

This is the mother of those girls and Chris-I have to say that every time I talk to Ali I accidentally call her Stacey. So I guess she reminds me of my sister too. Isn't my sister wonderful for watching my girls for a week? Ali does keep saying that Stacey spoiled them. What does that mean?