Friday, February 1, 2008

Cheese

One thing I noticed about living in New Hampshire is that you cannot find basic cheddar cheese. There's sharp, extra-sharp, extra extra-sharp and well you get the picture. Plus in New Hampshire the cheese doesn't usually have the orange color, which is fine except that I grew up with your basic cheddar cheese that was that orange color. So I am happy to report that in Virginia I can buy cheddar cheese or medium cheddar, and it is orange. Ah the simple things that make me happy.

4 comments:

jamie lynette said...

Oh my gosh!!!! The cheese thing drives me CRAZY. I'm so glad I am not the only one frustrated by NH cheese. Every time we are at the store I always mumble to Thomas, "obviously they don't believe in normal medium cheddar cheese here!" I just don't get it (or rather they don't get it-not every one likes extra extra sharp VT style white cheedar cheese)!

I'm glad you guys have a blog so we can stay up to date on how things are going. We continue to pray for and think about you guys.

Signed,
Jealous of Your New Cheese Situation

Our Pratt Pack said...

I think it's too funny you posted this Todd and I were just saying we hope we get a job somewhere where there is good cheese. We miss our Oregon Tillamook cheese in it's huge block and all it's greatness.

Anonymous said...

Stacey,

You forgot "Wicked-Sick-Nasty" sharp cheddar.

Tony

Shar said...

Ha ha ha! I thought orange cheese was everywhere! obviously I haven't traveled enough. which, by the way - I can't believe you've traveled to so many places, Stacey! that is awesome.
So I was just making honey toast today and thought of you guys. So I had to go check out everyone's blogs. I am sorry to hear about Kristy - I was feeding Kapria and watching the news the day it happened, and I remember starting to cry as they told about it. I had no idea at the time that she was your family member, but we will definitely keep all of you in our prayers. love, Shar