Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tough times

It's hard right now. There are so many things that I want to say but I have to tamper my thoughts and words and remember that the eyes of so many people are looking to our family, the Palizzi's to be strong. Ann has this strength that she must pull from some reservoir deep within. Any one else would collapse, but she just holds it all together. I saw this quote from Kristy's memory blog and thought it very appropriate for this situation.

"It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-Gordon B. Hinckley
(from the funeral of wife Marjorie)

Please continue to pray for Ann, and those two little boys. Also for Tony who is feeling the loss of his only sister a little more each day.

PS. I love my family and friends, just in case I forgot to tell you today.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great quote. He was such a good man. We think of you guys often and keep praying for you and your family daily.

carrie said...

Hi...I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I am from Lehi, and I was a friend of Kristy's. I actually talked to you (Stacey) on the phone once, while Ann was in Washington at Kristy's Memorial. I'm not sure if you remember me, because I'm sure you talked to so many people. I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your family. I have kept Ann and Kristy's boys in my prayers, and I am still feeling so sad and heartbroken over the loss of Kristy.
I actually wanted to get a hold of you.... A group of us in our neighborhood are putting together a "care package" for Ann and the boys. I wanted to know if you could think of something special we could add to it for Ann. I would appreciate it if you would email me, if you get a minute, and let me know any additional ideas you might have. My email address is: carrielchristensen@msn.com
I would be so grateful.

I really hope you and your husband are doing OK. This was such a shocking thing to deal with, and your family has handled themselves with dignity. Pure dignity. I have so much admiration in my heart for you all. Take care....

Carrie Christensen