Friday, January 18, 2008

Getting back to normal. . . sort of.

This is Tony writing. I got back to D.C. and started my externship at Ernst & Young on Monday. I spent three days in orientation with other new employees. I made some good connections as one guy had done transfer pricing at Deloitte, although he's now doing valuation of complex derivatives at EY, and another lady just came in from the IRS and will be working with people in transfer pricing and international tax. FYI, transfer pricing is where all the juicy IP tax stuff is. The guy is actually in the Atlanta office, so I'm not sure he'll be much help, although he might, however, the gal's office is right around the corner from my office, er, cubicle.

I found out the other day that I'll be traveling while at EY. One of the gals I work with is does tax return audits, among other things. Basically, attorneys go in after the accountants prepare tax returns to audit them from a legal perspective. She wants to take me along.

Not everything is back to normal. Stacey stayed behind in Utah indefinitely to help my mom with the kids. It's only been about a week, but I'm starting to relate to Nick Anderson.

Finally, I wanted to share something a bit funny that lightened up a rather dreary week. On Saturday we were at the cemetery after the funeral. I went up to the casket to give it a gentle kiss before leaving. Unfortunately I didn't think it through very well. I approached it from the end rather than the side. Once I put my weight on it. . . the casket started rolling away. I have no doubt Kristy got a good laugh out of that one, as did I.

Thanks for all the love and support lately.

5 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

So traveling huh? Where are you going? And when? I haven't talked to you since this has happened and just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and praying for you too. I hope you are doing okay?

Let us know if we can help.

Mike Bohn said...

Sounds like the externship is interesting. If you need anything in DC, my bro lives down there and would be totally willing to help you out with whatever.

The Allen Family said...

Glad to hear the externship will be keeping you busy, it sounds like a good one to have landed to for getting to travel! We are keeping you guys in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Anytime you want a home cooked meal, please call. We know you are probably immensely busy, but know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

-Shauna

Kelli said...

Hey Tony, This is Kelli (Young) from Puyallup, Are you still doing your internship at Ernst and Young? I have a neice/ her husband works for them in Houston area and is transfering to Manhattan this fall. allknames@gmail.com