Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Antigua May 22, 2009








Antigua tourism is geared mainly around the more than 365 beaches, enough places to go to a different beach every day for a year! There were several that I wanted to go to, but we ended up going to Dickerson Bay Beach due to the close proximity to the cruise ship dock, and the recommendations of several people. What an absolutely gorgeous setting. Crystal clear turquoise water, white sand, colorful umbrellas, and perfect weather.


There were a lot of people around, but it didn’t seem loud or overcrowded. If you wanted even more privacy, you could swim or walk down to the far left end of the beach, around some small coral jetties and there was an almost completely private beach. Tony and I went over there for awhile, leaving our stuff under the umbrella by some friends from the cruise ship.

It’s hard to describe how the sea relaxes and rejuvenates my spirit. I feel more at home near the ocean, and find that I long to be near it when I’m away. I favor the colors of the sea, particularly the turquoise water. Maybe I’ll talk Tony into letting me paint our bedroom with ocean colors.

No comments: