Friday, March 13, 2009

You know it's time to move when...

Tony and I have been thinking that while where we live isn't too bad most of the time, there are some better neighborhoods that we might like to look for a house in.

Well today there was a little bit of... shall we say excitement in our immediate neighborhood. I was riding my bike home from the gym, when I noticed a helicopter circling around in what looked like a wide lazy loop. I kind of slowed down, (ok I coasted) as I rounded into the area, wondering what was happening, but I couldn't see anything so I just went inside.

Maybe 10 minutes later, it was still flying around. I called Tony to see if he had heard anything, but at that point there was no news.
So I made breakfast,(totally boring egg white scramble with too many peppers) watched a little Price is Right while I ate, and the police chopper was still there. We're talking, like half hour, maybe more. It had moved in closer, now circling in tight rounds, no more than maybe 2 or 3 streets wide. My mom and I were peeking out the windows, watching when they started to issue orders over the loud speaker. We couldn't really tell for sure what they were saying, but it sounded like, "come out with your hands up" or along those lines. we saw a few police cars go by that were close enough you could make out scratchy chatter from the radios. I really wanted to walk to the corner and see what was going on, but I'm just a touch too smart to chance being in the line of fire.

They eventually left in time for me to start work, and not be too distracted. We don't really know for sure what happened, since there were at least TWO news making stories that took place in the Avondale area.

So, you know it's time to move when there's some kind of ghetto action in the hood, and you can't figure out which event it was.

3 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

You will let me know if you decide where to move won't you?

Tony said...

No we won't. You might tell your mom. ;)

Tony said...

Let's try that again. . .

No we won't, you might tell your mom. ;)

Tony