Sunday, February 8, 2009

20 Places to Visit Before I Get Too Old and Wrinkly

(The places are not necessarily in order of top to bottom.)

1.Machu Piccu- To hike the thousands of steps up into a forgotten city...
2.The Great Barrier Reef
3.Futaleufu River, Patagonia Chile-We went to a travel show last year and saw a presentation on this river. I was somewhat awed and still have the pamphlet tucked beneath my bed.
4.Waimea Canyon on the Island of Kauai
5.Neuschwanstein Castle-because every girl at some point wanted to be a princess.
6.Palizzi, Italy
7.Santorini Greece
8.Bora Bora-If you do a web image search you'll understand.
9.The Great Wall of China and the Terra Cotta Warriors-Tony may already have been there, but he'll have to take me back.
10.Russia-I'd like to see the churches in St. Petersburg and Moscow.
11.Eiffel Tower and the French countryside
12.Panama Canal
13.Scotland
14.Australia and New Zealand
15.Seychelles
16.Tulips and windmills in Holland
17.Amazon River
18.Galapagos Islands
19.African Safari
20.Ancient Ruins in Guatemala or Mexico (Mayan or whatever...)

1 comment:

Barry said...

We will have to join you on some of these vacations, except maybe Russia. I don't have any desire to go there.

When I was in Italy, there was a family in one of my branches that had lived in Palizzi, Italy for years. They said that I need to visit. It looks like a nice place on the southern coast.