Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Very Happy Husband

Tony got very very lucky today! No, I'm not talking about that. Where's your mind? J/K.

Anyway, Tony and I had planned to go to the Costco Home Store after he got out of work today. The idea was to test out the beds they have for sell. Costco home actually has the beds, and other furniture, set up so you can try them out. I think we tried out all 10 beds they have, with the exception of the kids twin. We figured out which would be the best one. (It's so nice! It's a king of course, and when Tony gets in and out of the bed I can't even feel it. I am a light sleeper and more than once have grouched at Tony for moving too much or making too much noise. Poor guy!)

Before buying the bed, we decided to run over to the Costco next to the Costco Home and take a look at the TVs. Tony knew which one he wanted to show me. At first I said no. It's huge! But right next to the TV he was showing me was an identical one, for a lot less. Hmm... wrong tag? Nope, they had a floor model for sell. Still I was hesitant. So we looked at the other TVs. With the discount they were offering, this bigger TV was the same price as a smaller TV of equal quality.

Now I'm warming up to the idea, but not really convinced. Then a couple walks down the aisle and stops at our TV. (Ok, so we hadn't bought it yet, but we were standing there looking at it. Doesn't that make it ours?) The wife was actually trying to talk the husband into it. She told us that her friend had just bought that same one and loved it. (Yes, I did consider the possibility that Tony or Costco had paid people to walk down the aisle and convince would be buyers, but decided it was probably unlikely. Not definitely, but probably.)

Well I still debated it... but in the end I gave in, with the promise that we'd get the bed as the next big purchase. Tony went to get the sales guy while I stood guard. In the meantime another couple came down the aisle and stopped in front of the TV. (Hello, I'm standing right here?) This couple was comparing price too, but they just asked why it was such a better price? I explained that WE were buying the floor model. "Ohhh..."

Which is why Tony is a very happy husband. He has a new TV, more suited to his beloved BYU football games. I keep saying, "It's huge!" His solution,

"Get a bigger room!"

3 comments:

familybrew7 said...

I got us a bigger TV a little over a year ago..I actually made a deal with a client and now we have a huge TV as well..my husband loves it too, and really(so do I)shhh it is great for movie watching and yes football, and the kids love playing play station on it, and a bigger room is a nice thought! :)Nice job bargin hunting..isn't it great to get a good bargin?

Anonymous said...

I bought mine at Costco too . . . best purchase ever!

Our Pratt Pack said...

WE went through the same TV debate and also got a floor model it was ridiculous what we got for the money I think in the end it was $1800 less.