Sunday, September 21, 2008

Have you noticed the commercial recently where the wife tells the husband "You're right. We need a new TV, just don't go overboard." Then you see the husband rush out the door with his credit card and keys. Or how about the lesser shown one where a man and woman are walking past an electronic store and the man stops to look forlornly through the window at the big screen TVs, and the woman must drag the guy away?

Well lately I feel like every time Tony comes home from Costco, he'll be figuring out how to get the Big screen into the house without my noticing. I'm mostly kidding about that, but still...

We do need, or will soon need a new TV. Our current one, (a Walmart special), has a few issues with certain shades of red. Plus it's a measly 27 or so inches. We've pretty much decided not to do a big vacation right now. We kind of agreed that even though I can get really good prices on cruises, that when we have time to go (Thanksgiving or Christmas) is at the high season and still more than we want to spend on a trip at this point.

In talking we figured it out that we could get both a new mattress set(which would mean new sheets and quilt, etc) and a TV for the same price as the vacation. I've been wanting a king size bed, and Tony has been wanting a king size TV. The question right now is how big to go. 40, 50, 60 inches...

Basically I just need to give the word and Tony has a couple choices ready to go. I even caught a peek at his phone the other day and he has snapped pictures of the possibles.

I love TV. I admit it, so I'm not sure what's holding me back. Maybe a bigger TV just seems too "man-caveish", or something like that. Guess I'll have to give in sooner or later. I'd really like that new bed...

1 comment:

Cameron/Melissa said...

That is hilarious. You better not say the word but wait til you are at the store. You wouldn't want to miss his face when he whips out his card to pay for it. That would be too precious.