Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tony's Law School Graduation




Saturday was Tony's Law school graduation. (The bottom picture is Tony and three of his friends) The sun came out and there were a couple of student speakers that were quick and funny so overall not a bad day. Tony and I will miss the beauty of New Hampshire and the many things to do during the summer,(Can't say we'll miss the winters) but after years of hard work we are both happy to report that it is over! Well, Law school is over. Next up for Tony, the Bar! That is two months of intense studying and test anxiety, which probably means I'll get woken up in the middle of the night by Tony freaking out, thinking he has missed the test, or forgot to go to a class. he tends to do that when he has high school related stress. It's kind of funny since after I tell him he hasn't missed anything, he goes right back to sleep. I think Tony will do fine with bar since he's pretty smart, but you never know. It's a really tough test.

After graduation and the reception that followed, we went with Tony's parents, (pictured in the top picture) to my favorite antique shop in Franklin. I found an interesting metal wall hanging and bought it. Ann, Tony's mom, really liked it too, and she wanted it, but I didn't want to give it up. As we were leaving, we found the matching one on another wall of the building, so now we are both happy with our finds.

We are now back in Phoenix, otherwise known as the sweltering pit of sand. Can I really call it sweltering? That seems like a term used for humid areas, and it is definitely dry heat that is scorching even the sand. It was so hot today, that the air conditioning in our car couldn't keep up with cooling us. I bound to blog about the heat in the future, so forgive me now for that.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations, Tony!! And congratulations to you both on the move! I hope you'll love Phoenix!

Cameron/Melissa said...

Congrats to Tony. We will have to celebrate this weekend. You guys chose the heat so now you better just invest in good air conditioning and light weight clothes. You should have taken your whole wardrobe to New Hampshire to sell so you could get a new wardrobe suitable for Phoenix. WE hope we don't die when we drive out there to visit. WE are a little worried about it.

Melanie said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to be at that point ourselves! We're sad we missed you guys -- we had already left for Michel's internship. Good luck with the bar! (Yikes!)

familybrew7 said...

I am so happy for you two! Congrats to Tony!! Long hard haul I know but it is soooo worth it! Bar exams are crazy and yes stressful but like you said, Tony is smart and he will do fine! My husband had to do state boards and national exams..crazy! But he made it and loves what he does! Again I am so happy for you and hope you can adjust to the good ole Arizona weather, air conditioners will be your best friend. Ann and Al look fantastic too!

Anonymous said...

One hurdle down, another to go (The Bar). The question is after all of that schooling, who wins any arguments or gets the last word, Tony or Stacey?

Stacey, I know I've told you this before, but it's amazing how much Tony looks like Ann.
Chris

jph3 said...

Hey there Tony - Big congrats to you both on the graduation. What a great accomplishment! Hang in there with that whole bar thing, too.

Funny about the AZ heat. It always makes me chuckle when I tell people that I am from Arizona and they respond, "sure, it's hot there, but, it's a DRY heat, right?" LOL. As if hanging out in a 500 degree Tandoori oven is no sweat just cuz it's not humid.

On the bright side, just wait until winter. The non-summer months in AZ are wonderful.

Jon & Bridget said...

Congrats Tony! I am so excited for you. Also welcome to the heat! Southern Utah probably isn't as bad, but it is still hot. Talk to you later.

Jon