Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our New Place






Tony and I have found a house in the Phoenix suberb area of Avondale. I think it's a cute little house, even if it is a typical tract home, but most of the houses in this area are. (At least our house isn't pink! We looked at one house that was pink outside and almost entirely pink inside. I didn't think I could deal with all that pink!) We looked at several and decided that this one had the most space for the money, and in the best neighborhood for the money. Phoenix has a few fairly ghetto areas, so it can be tricky finding one that is affordably, close to work, but also safe to walk outside in.
At the request of my sister, here are some pictures of the house. The shots are of the front of the house, the master bedroom and bathroom/walk in closet, and the guest room otherwise known as the blue room. I didn't take pictures of the living room or kitchen areas since they are kind of messy and I don't feel like cleaning them up. I also didn't take a picture of the other bedroom since if my mom comes to live with us it will be her room and so there's nothing in it right now. We also have a loft, which right now has the computer, but will be my mom's living room area so it too is mostly empty.
There's also a small backyard. I spent an hour early yesterday morning pulling weeds from the lawn, and I still have a few to get to. My arms are actually sore from yanking on them so hard, but hopefully the lawn will be healthier soon without the weeds choking it. I love plants, and getting them to grow. I've wanted to have a yard for awhile to garden in, so I'm excited for it even though I don't know if much will grow this summer in the 100 degree temps. I will probably be able to have a garden the rest of the year, maybe even in winter.

3 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

Looks like a nice house. I like it. I am glad you remembered to keep a room for me. I like to have a place to sleep when I come. Don't forget to park your black car in the garage so it isn't as hot.

Anonymous said...

I've thought about the car in the garage. The problem is that the garage is full of stuff we haven't put away yet. Maybe you can help us with it when come for Memorial Day. ;)

tp

Our Pratt Pack said...

How Exciting!