Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wind, wind and more wind

Tony and I had hoped to make a push into Phoenix today, but the winds had other ideas. From the time we left Santa Rosa New Mexico, until we stopped in Holbrook Arizona the wind blew. We had to stop several times or risk getting blown clean off the road. At one stop sand was blowing against our legs so that it actually hurt, and I could not close the door! So we didn't make it very far, maybe 5 hours, even though it took all day, and our muscles ache. At one point, I jokingly said I wanted to go home, and Tony said we don't have one, and I was like that's so sad! But tomorrow we get to Phoenix, and start looking for a home, so all will be well.

2 comments:

The Gordon Clan said...

Hi you guys! We had no idea you were headed to Phoenix! Welcome to the valley of the sun! Scott will be home from Singapore next week (the day before graduation). Actually, on Friday (the 9th) we are having a party, if you can make it, we would love to see you! 480-294-0634

Stacey and Tony said...

Sweet. I've been meaning to email him to see if he'll be around before heading to Texas. We'll plan on being there.