Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dinner Out

Food that you don't have to cook or clean up after aways seems to taste better, or if not taste better maybe it is more appreciated. But I have a little issue with restaurants.
Tony and I went out to a restaurant tonight that is pretty nice, meaning you don't need to wear a skirt or suit, but most people wouldn't walk in wearing shorts and a tshirt. The wait was atrocious, but that's kind of what you get Saturday night. Now none of that is what I have a problem with.
What concerned me was that they served my meal on a deep plate that would normally be large enough to contain say a batch of spagetti for a whole family. Now I of course didn't notice this until I was at least half of the way through my meal. But think about it, how much more food do we consume when a 16 inch plate is put in front of us compared to a 12 inch plate?
I was eating my meal, and as I'm eating I'm looking at my plate and thinking that a few more bites wouldn't be so bad, why it hardly looked like I had touched my food. Thank goodness that my stomach expanded enough so that my pants were getting a little tight and I was able to realize that I was really quite full. I'm currently feeling stuffed, like after Thanksgiving when you have to let your belt loop out a notch or two. So yes, it's my fault for eating too much, (though I think I'll lay part of the blame on the plate size), and I'll probably groan and moan all night, but at least I don't have to do the dishes, right?

1 comment:

Cameron/Melissa said...

If you don't get overstuffed and feel gross after having gone out to eat the restaurant obviously wasn't good enough was it?

On another note, Cameron and I have solved that problem by always sharing a meal. Just a thought. You can easily eat desert too that way.