Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 13, 2011- Back to Chileno Beach


Dad wanted to take Amanda snorkeling, and after hearing us rave about Chileno Beach as the place to go, we made plans to head back there. We left around 8am so that we'd get there and be able to get a palapa closer to the end of the beach with the snorkeling. It's such a cute beach, that even the trash cans are picture worthy.



As I mentioned before, palm trees surround the beach, and there is a level wooden boardwalk leading up to the beach. This is especially nice when leaving, as it gives you time to dislodge a little more sand before getting in the car.



Earlier in the week, while hanging around in the hotel room, we convinced Amanda to show us some of her Karate that she is learning. I was surprised at how good she is, and how high she can kick! Melissa and my favorite move or position or whatever you call it was the horse dance. It's a challenging squat like movement that we kept asking Amanda to show us all week. Here she is just starting to stand up from it after showing us on the beach.

Now I have to admit that I love taking pictures and having my picture taken. I could sit and pose for photos for hours. I have been known to curl my hair before going to the beach, even though I know I will get in the water, or that the wind will destroy it after just a few minutes. Maybe it's the desire to feel pretty, which in every day life can be a challenge, but on vacation I love to pretend I am America's Next Top model, or something like that. (This isn't saying that the pictures actually work out, but that they are at least fun to take.) So any way here are a few shots I made/asked Cameron to take.


Amanda did really well for her first time snorkeling. She got a little nervous, but that is pretty normal. She loved seeing the fish, just like the rest of us.





Here's some of Melissa and Cameron snorkeling. I could have sworn that I took a ton of them, but for some reason, I have very few. In fact I only have shots of legs. I am wondering if somehow some were deleted off the camera. Guess we will just have to go back to take more.












After Chileno Beach, and quick lunch, Melissa and Cameron had to head to the airport to go home. =( I know I was glad they decided to come after all. It made it more fun for me as I was able to get out and about more. It was also good for Amanda to get to spend some time with more of her family.

That night was the big IGFA finale dinner. I decided not to go, as the $100 door price was just too much for me. I had thought to try and sneak in or barter the price down, but gave up at the last minute. Instead I played dress up with Amanda, but some how managed not to get a picture of her with her hair all done up. Hopefully Dad has a good one for me.
Here are the last shots of me in Cabo before I went home the next day.



Tony likes the last one. He thinks it looks "hot."

No comments: