Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 10, 2011- Medano Beach



Tuesday was another beach day. After how rough the sand had been on my feet, I was looking forward to the slightly finer sand I had heard about at Medano Beach. Melissa was also dying to try paddle boarding, and had heard Medano was the place to go.

We picked a patch of sand out, and I rented an umbrella for the day. I knew I would need the bit of shade every now and again, and figured $7.00 was well worth it. I thought about paddle boarding too, but for some reason I struggled to spend money in Cabo. I had enough with me, but I guess my current over frugal nature prevented me from buying too much. The poor vendors were frustrated, as I wanted to look at everything, and I would ask the price, but I would never buy.



Here are a few picks of Melissa and Cameron learning to paddle board.



The water in Cabo San Lucas has such a suck and pull motion. You can be standing in the water, and think your feet are firmly planted under the sand, but suddenly you are being bounced forward or back. As long as you know how to swim, it's not a problem, but I can see how it would be scary if you didn't. Medano beach doesn't have the super strong rips though, so it tends to be a popular location for tourists.



Here's one of me in a posing mode.

After a couple of hours at the beach, we headed back to the hotel. The waves were huge, and we could even see them from way up in our room, so Melissa, Cameron, Amanda and I walked down for a little stroll on the beach. here are a few picks of views from the room, of the pool, and on the beach.








All in all another great vacation day. I am sitting here right now, enjoying the rain falling, but still wishing I was somewhere near the beach. I just love the ocean.

No comments: