Monday, November 8, 2010

Lazy Dog Days



Are you still there? I am, although I can understand why it could be easy to imagine I had vanished. No post in months, and really minimal posts in general. Facebook has been sucking the life from my blog. Sad but true. I will post more on this blog, as I need the communication practice.

We are having a very long summer this year. I mean it is November, and yesterday it was almost 90 degrees. Really? At least the forecast has reasonable weather for the rest of the week, so the lazy dog days of summer will be a thing of the past.

I am still with out a job, which means my life is not very exciting, and I find little chance to talk with people. I haven't started talking to myself, (at least not more than normal) so I am still good on that front. Job hunting really sucks in Phoenix for someone who does not speak Spanish. Even places like Home Depot or Target ideally want Bilingual. I am applying but really it isn't going very far. I am trying to come up with ways to make extra money, like I tried to do a sleep clinical trial, but actually slept almost all through the night on the second night, and so that didn't last. (I did get a few hundred dollars for it though, so worth the time.) I know something will come through, but I wish it were easier.

My current hobby is couponing. Each week I try to see how little I can spend on groceries and how much I get for what I do spend. I love to see what free things, like toothpaste or body wash, that I can get. We have a whole shelf in the hall closet filled with different free or really cheap supplies. Today I got 5 things of floss for .02 cents each.

This picture is missing 3 cartons of ice cream, but even with that it only cost about $10.00 for all of it. There are things like dishwasher tabs, laundry soap, produce, pasta, etc. So I will probably post some of these deals, when I get a particularly great run.

No comments: