Friday, January 29, 2010

Boxed In

Ever since the recent down pour of rain, we have been boxed in. There are 3 roads that can get us from our rural-ish southern location in Phoenix to stores like Costco, Target, craft stores, movie theaters, and other places of interest. The two roads nearest to our house dip into the river bed area, which is normally bone dry, and easy to cross in a matter of minutes. Those 2 roads have been closed since the first day of heavy rain as the bone dry river over flowed onto my pathway out of town. The other road is maybe 3 to 4 miles away, in the opposite direction.
It wasn't so bad at first, but it's starting to make me feel a little boxed in. To go to those others stores and places, we have to drive down to the other road and then back track. Round trip it adds up to like an extra 12-16 miles. It means that I either have to come up with new ways to stay entertained in the house, (which can be hard) or add a lot of extra mileage just to go somewhere like Costco.

On a side note, it's pretty sad that my entertainment for the weekend is going to Costco or Target. I think I'll shake things up and maybe go to Sprouts, a health food store this week. Crazy!

3 comments:

Verlee said...

I have to drive an hour and a half to get to target and costco! but, I guess the difference is I knew it when I moved down here,eh! ;) can't believe the rain you guys have been having!

Stacey and Tony said...

yes, Verlee, but you have the ocean. That would cancel out a lot of wrongs.

smartalec said...

I must hear this whale story. ASAP.

Please :)