Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our First House

Tony and I have moved into the new house. It feels very grown up and adult to be owning a home. It's fun and exciting and nerve-racking.

I am loving the pool. Just today I went swimming in it around 3pm, and the top few inches of water were so hot that it was like being in a hot tub. The bottom wasn't as warm, but it was still really nice.(We are not heating the pool at all right now, it's just like that.)

A neat feature to the pool is that it has a color changing light bulb. At night you can have a deep blue pool, or a purple pool, or aqua, or red, or whatever. (Although the yellow makes it look like pond scum.) Where we live is kind of away from lots of lights so swimming in the pool at night gives a great view of the stars, at least as far as being kind of in a city.

Also it seems like we are not having to keep the AC on as low. This house is better insulated,I guess, plus it has shade screens on the windows. My new office stays so much cooler.

One thing I don't like is all of the light switches. Each room has like 3 switches. I have to click each button to find the right one, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Anyway, we are no where near to being settled in and Tony and I leave for our cruise on Friday night. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, to be honest. I usually like to leave my house clean before I go, but that won't be happening this time. No big deal though. If I am feeling stressed I just head to the pool and ahhh.... float away my troubles.

No comments: