Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pine Cones and Christmas Trees




While in California I collected pine cones to do an art project with. I spray painted them either silver or a light copper color. I then used a spray on glue, and glitter to make them sparkle. They are my table centerpiece right now, and I have a few on the front porch. There's still a bunch in the backyard, but I ran out of glitter so I might just leave them as they are.
This year we got a fake tree. Everyone says it's more economical than buying a real one every year. I like how the real ones smell, but I like how this one is pre-lit and I can move the branches around to make the ornaments fit. I love Christmas, and Christmas ornaments. They are just such happy things.

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

What a cute idea for the pine cones! Very cute Christmas tree also! I am just sending out Christmas cards and I don't have your address. If you get a second, email it to gina@nettaylor.com. Hope you guys are doing well! Thanks a bunch.